What's causing my duct work to pop when the furnace starts or stops?
A popping noise is characteristic of an insufficient duct design. This takes place when there’s higher airflow than your ductwork can handle.
Issues with your ductwork may cause other ventilation and air quality troubles, including:
- Significant noise
- Increased energy needs
- Ahead-of-time system failure
- Irregular heating and cooling
- Damaged AC compressor in the summer
- Overheated furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold increase inside ducts
Contact an experienced company in Canada, like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, to look at your residence’s ventilation system. We can provide suggestions for duct repair or installation.