Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Taking proper safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Canada.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating accurately, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.