Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Canada
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you count on it draining properly so your Canada basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can stop running for a few different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, get in touch with the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to determine the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop operating for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Insufficient maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Icy or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Verify the pump is straight and not tipping to one side, since this can lead the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump runs and drains the water efficiently.
- During dry forecasts, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to protect your home from water damage, trust the professionals at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to ensure yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 866-397-3787 or schedule an appointment online.