Your HVAC equipment is the key to home comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these functions for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever malfunctioned on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if there was a way to guarantee a constant supply of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover minor problems early on: Issues with your home comfort system tend to progress gradually. When a technician examines the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of smaller problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of an unexpected breakdown decreases.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable cost that minimizes the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more manageable humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing safely.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the quickest installs possible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance lowers the need for repair service, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are occasionally inevitable, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, our technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan provides and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.