Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Canada, you might be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few factors to think over, plus the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can avoid the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the best efficiency, making your residence comfier and decreasing your long-term utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you could even qualify for a discount because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your total system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 866-397-3787 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.