Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Canada, you might be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think about, plus the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your home comfy. A new air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can avoid the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the best efficiency, making your residence cozier and decreasing your yearly heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you could even qualify for a discount because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your total system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 866-397-3787 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.