Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioner suddenly goes out. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a technician to arrive. Such a nightmare!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this scenario. But what are the signs that it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC Experts strongly suggest servicing it no less than once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential problems and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time of year. This enables you to address potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioning tune-up is a thorough process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work conducted during a routine service appointment:
- Thorough inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioner for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your own system every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less energy to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your AC unit every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Higher air quality: A clean cooling system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, annual AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on early replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or system replacements.
To maximize your savings, consider enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and price range. You’ll experience several perks no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, routine AC maintenance is very important for boosting performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, preferably in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with skilled specialists, comprehensive maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.