No matter what the season outside in Canada, the temperature in your space influences how comfortable your family will feel. Set it just right and your rooms will be a nice escape from everything. But if your home comfort system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be enjoyable.
It’s time for a detailed look at how you’re handling your heating and cooling equipment. It could make the difference between a strong system or a pathetic performer. Work through this short quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- Summer is almost here in Canada. How do you prepare your air conditioner?
- Change out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the professionals for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing. It will probably be fine.
- You’re having a get-together on a hot night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What do you do?
- Advise my friends to bring icy beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it operating before guests arrive.
- Start my fans and pray for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What will you do when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Have my contractor to pick one out and fund it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and charges by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the most expensive system available in Canada.
- When you open your next monthly energy bill, what do you anticipate you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My home comfort bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a weird noise. What’s your next step?
- Get my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Bring in a professional technician to examine it.
- Don’t think about it and wait until it stops.
Now add up your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are right on track. You’re taking care of your machine and you made a plan for your future replacement. But if you replied to any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a couple of changes to help your system perform more efficiently. Keep reading to discover how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Book Seasonal Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are critical tasks to help out your HVAC for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to wrap up the process. During a routine visit, your HVAC technician will perform a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency pro will be on the lookout for more significant complications for your equipment. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Find a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained heating and cooling systems can have complications sometimes. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that much needed service to customers at no added cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Many home comfort systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to escape last-minute pressure when your machine takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they greatly change. Your power bills can reveal more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a stable increase in your bills but no change in home comfort, something is likely occurring with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more stable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Act when you notice a strange noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than aggravating. It demonstrates something is off with your machinery. Even if it’s a relatively small trouble, left without a repair it could make for a pricey repair later on. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you big when you don’t manage it. If you use these tips, you could save time, money and irritation. And if your system just isn’t keeping up anymore, contemplate selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!