Your sump pump is one of those items you may not remember until you need it—then you hope it’s working as it should. The good news is that the experts at Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Canada home.
Sump pumps can fail for a number of different reasons and we’ve likely seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with multiple preventive maintenance hints to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our experts will observe your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any clue of a impending problem, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is important to note there are several simple things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tipping to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 866-397-3787
or request an appointment online.