According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. Many homeowners in Canada don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or clog, don’t hesitate to contact us at 866-397-3787
the moment you identify a problem to evade as much, maybe expensive, damage to your home and plumbing system as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are discarding garbage properly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will result in a obstruction in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Service Experts today at 866-397-3787
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.