Summer is typically a busy time of year for many people in Canada. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Canada heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Canada heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Canada heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a break as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Canada temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than typical. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.