Booking annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Canada operating at peak performance while keeping electricity usage small. It also could even help extend its life span.
While there are several tasks you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that entails a large portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning system cleaned and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to schedule service or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that can get very uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a clean AC system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning maintenance could be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Myself?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioner unit in the ultimate state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and might lower your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the outdoor condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, because this may limit airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 866-397-3787, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any blockage from dirt and vegetation.
- Checking controls to double check your unit is starting, running and shutting down properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that require further work, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective choice. Locating potential problems early could solve bigger problems in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you need a modern AC system, our Experts will work with you to locate the best solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your tune-up? Contact us at 866-397-3787 or schedule an appointment online today.