Booking annual AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Canada operating at peak performance while keeping utility usage small. It also may even help extend its life span.
While there are several tasks you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can complete by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that involves a large amount of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your air conditioning system cleaned and examined. Waiting to flip it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule a fix or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for a technician. And that can get very uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a clean AC system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC maintenance might be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Myself?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the prime order:
- Put in a new air filter recommends each month or two. This is very crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your system, because this may impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 866-397-3787, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver secure cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is starting, running and shutting down properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that require further work, we are set to offer you the most economical choice. Locating potential problems early may solve bigger problems in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you need an updated cooling system to help make your new system more affordable. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your checkup? Call us at 866-397-3787 or schedule an appointment online today.